Mental Health First Aid
Become a fully qualified Mental Health First Aider with Healthcare Australia.
Did you know? Approximately 20% of Australian adults experience a common mental illness each year.
The Mental Health First Aid course is suitable for all members of the community and is recommended for those working in human services including:
- Aged care workers
- Disability support workers
- Healthcare workers
- Office workers
Delivered by an accredited Trainer, participants will qualify with the skills that enable them to recognise and understand common mental health issues and learn how to provide support.
What will you learn?
- Improve your knowledge of mental health condition and crisis support strategies
- Learn how to provide support to a person experiencing a mental health condition
- De-stigmatise mental health issues and share your knowledge
- Make a difference in your community or support a friend or family member
- Provide support to colleagues within your workplace
HCA's Mental Health First Aid course is face to face and takes two days to complete. The course is delivered in two locations throughout Victoria:
- Melbourne CBD
- 2 days of face to face instruction, activities and workshops in the classroom
- Textbook and resources kit
- Accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider (with completion of online assessment)
- Morning Tea