Health, Wellness and Active Ageing
This course assists staff to identify residents at risk of decline and ways to halt, reverse and or avoid the process. In addition, all staff will become familiar with the role they can play in improving the lives of their residents through simple, non-time-consuming techniques which uphold a resident’s human rights.
- Outline the connection between holistic needs, health and well-being.
- Define how good physical health can be supported in aged care settings.
- Explain the importance of supporting emotional and intellectual needs, and strategies to do so.
- Explain and provide examples of supporting social and sexual needs.
- Priorities holistic needs according to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Human Needs.
Course Code: CONWR
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 1 & 4