Abuse and Mandatory Reporting (DS)
Disability support workers have a responsibility to ensure that the people they support live free from violence, abuse and neglect.
A support worker must be a strong advocate for the rights of the people they support and promote a safe and inclusive workplace and community.
- Identify signs and sources of abuse and neglect
- Understand the types of abuse and restrictive practices
- Practice disability advocacy and report instances of abuse or neglect
- Identify the pre-employment or screening checks for disability support workers
- Recognise the role of The Royal Commission