Introduction to NDIS (DS)
Outside of deinstitutionalisation, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is probably the greatest social change that has happened in Australia in relation to people with disabilities.
Since its inception in 2013, the NDIS has transformed how people with disabilities access support. This course will give support workers a greater understanding of how disability support is funded and the role of the NDIS in supporting people with disabilities.
- Get an overview of the history of disability funding in Australia
- Understand the philosophy and principles behind the NDIS
- Assess how people with disabilities access NDIS funding
- Understand the different ways participants can manage their funding Evaluate support planning and the structure of a NDIS plan
- Identify the role of a support worker