ACFI Business Rules and Planning
The Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) is a tool to measure the level of care each resident needs based on activities of daily living, resident behaviour, and complex health care. All levels of staff contribute to care and ACFI documentation within the Aged Care, including carers, enrolled nurses, registered nurses, and allied health professionals. Outcomes from this documentation then inform funding allocation for Aged Care residents.
- Identify initial appraisals and default rates.
- Identify reappraisals (Voluntary vs Mandatory).
- Identify funding exceptions (RCS rates).
- Avoid the impact of ACFI changes.
- Plan - what should be done and when.
- Be accountable - getting accurate info from the floor.
Course Code: ACFBP