Emergency Preparedness for Wardens in Aged Care Respond RED and ORANGE
It is also expected that the ECT (Emergency Control Team) will complete competency-based training in the use of their site specific emergency management plan and the expected roles. As a mandatory course element, an annual competency rate of 100% is expected.
This competency assessment will be undertaken by yourself without the aid of others or cheat sheets in accordance with APRHA Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses.
- Understand what constitutes an Emergency Management Plan and who should be on the Emergency Management Team
- Gain a greater knowledge on the elements of fire, heat and smoke
- Recognise the fire prevention strategies in your building(s)
- Know your role as a Chief Warden / Area Warden / Fire Warden and how this relates to the Emergency Management Plan within your organisation, including evacuation
- Respond correctly to fire alarm or discovery of fire / smoke
- Have a greater understanding of how to use fire and emergency equipment
- Identify the type of evacuation system within your organisation
- Understand the importance of debriefing post event
Course Code: MANWD
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 4, 5, 7 &8