Manual Handling, Non-Accredited (Melbourne CBD)This program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to safely support clients in aged care and disability support workplaces with support tasks involving manual handling.
Cost:$300.00 per person
About this experience
Participants will gain an understanding of the following concepts:
- Assessing and minimising risk
- Understanding the principles of manual handling that can be applied to any task in any workplace
- Spine alignment and body mechanics
- Providing individualised support for positive outcomes
- Safe use of transfer aids such as slide sheets and mechanical lifters
Following successful completion of this program you will be issued with a Certificate of Participation.
Course Structure & Competency
The course is delivered across 3 hours in the classroom and includes theory, practical activities and a theory knowledge test. To receive a Certificate of Attendance, all attendees must attend the entire classroom session, complete all practical components to a satisfactory level and achieve a 90% pass rate in the theory knowledge test.
Practical activities include practice and demonstration of competency in:
- Supporting ambulant clients
- Sit to stand transfers
- Repositioning using slide sheets
- Transfers using mechanical lifters
- Assisting a client after a fall
A Certificate of Attendance is issued listing all topics and components of the training stating simulation only. It is recommended that employers follow this training with workplace-based assessments to determine competency.
Brief about the training team