Palliative Care for Aged and Community Care
For both Palliative Care in the Community and in Aged Care Facilities. This course helps to dispels myths surrounding palliative care and assist with an understanding of how to best plan for and facilitate care for those at the end of their life.
- Dispel the myths associated between Euthanasia and palliative care
- Describe the various types of palliative care that may be delivered
- Gain greater insight into the legalities of decision making when the individual can no longer make decisions for themselves
- Discuss in context the legalities of end of life documentation as expressed by a consumer
- Gain insight into anticipatory planning in advance
- Discuss the need for debriefing and emotional support for care workers and family.
Course Code: CLIPC
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 1, 2, 4 & 8