ACFI complex health changes are coming - 7 things staff should know
In addition to understanding how the complex health care domain is rated, anyone writing directives (e.g. registered nurses, physiotherapists and occupational therapists) should have an understanding of:
- How to meet the specific ACFI requirements for CHC directives
- Specific evidence-based pain assessments that are recommended
- How to avoid the residual impact of previous ACFI changes
- How to ensure the delegation of safe and effective application of heat treatment
- Basic massage terminology and techniques for care staff instructions, and
- Specific instructions for care staff on how to fit and remove tubigrip and TED stockings for residents with arthritic joints and arthritic oedema; or residents requiring compression garments and/or compression bandages for non-arthritic oedema.
If you would like to learn more about ACFI, check out these courses designed by experienced professionals - click here.