ACFI education - is there a logical order to complete it?
A frequently asked question we receive is… “for staff to learn everything they need to know about the ACFI, in what order should they complete their training?”
This is the recommended sequence – it’s progressive so that each session builds upon the previous, and ensures the practical application of knowledge that is congruent:
- Accurately assessing residents’ ADLs needs and levels of assistance
- Recording cognition & behaviours which impact on resident care
- Completing the PAS-CIS to accurately reflect a resident’s cognitive function and optimise ACFI funding
- Accurately assessing, providing, and recording resident Complex Health Care
- Completing the CSDD to accurately reflect signs and symptoms of depression and optimise ACFI funding
Once clinical RNs and ENs have completed these to confirm they have the ACFI fundamentals, those who need an increased understanding of ACFI to increase funding while minimising documentation should then complete:
- Mastering the ACFI Business Rules & Planning
- Reducing Documentation to Improve the Accuracy of the ACFI Appraisal Pack
The following list is a set of the HCA Online Learning Courses for ACFI, in order of learning, which are an economical, convenient educational tool to test their current practices, and reinforce good process, whilst not being a burden to the learner.
- ACFI Basics
- ACFI Activities of Daily Living
- ACFI Cognition and Behaviours
- How to accurately complete the PAS (Psychogeriatric Assessment Scales)
- ACFI Cornell Scale for Depression in Dementia (CSSD)
- ACFI Complex Health Care
- ACFI Recording and Documentation for Carers and Enrolled Nurses
- ACFI Business Rules and Planning
- How to complete an ACFI Appraisal Pack
- ACFI Validation Trends and Changes
- Safe and Effective use of Heat Packs
- Test Your ACFI Knowledge Part 1 – Clinician
- Test Your ACFI Knowledge part 2 – Coordinator
If you would like more information about online ACFI education products that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and on any device, simply click here to view all courses.
We also offer training packages for businesses to train their whole workforce. Click here to enquire.