Maintaining Skin Integrity (DS)
Many participants you support may have health issues or other risk factors that contribute to poor skin integrity.
Intact and healthy skin is one of the body’s best protections against infection.
It is important that support workers follow skin care routines and other processes during personal care tasks and activities of daily living to avoid injury to the participant’s skin.
- Understand the integumentary system
- Identify common skin issues and reasons for skin complications
- Support participants with skin care as per the support plan
- Assist participants with other skin care support strategies
- Report and document skin-related observations and issues