Providing Personal Care
A key role for disability support workers is providing personal care – assisting the person with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, eating and toileting.
This may involve minimal assistance such as verbal prompting or supervision. In some instances, the person may require full physical assistance. Care may also be provided in the person’s home or in the community.
This course will assist you in understanding the principles underpinning respectful and effective personal care to the people you are supporting.
- Understand the importance of communication and planning
- Describe the principles of personal care
- Identify safety considerations for providing personal care
- Use aids, modifications and equipment correctly
- Adhere to reporting and documentation requirements