Working Confidently with Urinary Catheters (DS)
Support workers may be required to assist with personal care for a participant who has a urinary catheter.
This course provides a basic introduction to catheter care theory and must be accompanied by a physical demonstration of a participant’s specific equipment and it’s use.
- Explain the urinary system and urinary system care
- List the types of catheters and indications for catheter use
- Identify infection control requirements
- Describe the psychosocial and holistic care of the person with a catheter
- Explain the process of troubleshooting