Anxiety in Aged Care
This module has been developed for support workers in residential and community aged care settings.
It provides an overview of anxiety in the context of older Australians and presents a series of practical ways that frontline workers can respond to and prevent anxiety in the people they support.
It uses relevant and topical examples of how to respond to anxiety for people who have general and specific needs, including people with dementia.
In this course you will learn:
- Give examples of the signs and symptoms of anxiety and how it can be recognised
- Outline the occurrence of anxiety in aged care, and how it aligns with conditions such as dementia
- Explain how to respond to actual or suspected anxiety in an older person
- Provide examples of strategies that can be used by frontline workers to prevent or reduce anxiety
- Identify strategies that can be implemented by trained practitioners and professionals
Course Code: MENAA
CPD Value: 0.38