This module is for all staff and managers in residential aged care and home and community settings. It explains why aged care services need to use excellent customer service skills in an increasingly competitive market. It shows practical examples and short scenarios of communication and problem-solving skills that help to ensure that older people and their families are satisfied with their support.
- Outline the principles of customer service
- Explain the changes in aged care services that require a new focus on customer service skills
- Define how appreciation and respectful communication can increase consumer satisfaction
- Identify flexible and helpful responses to problems, concerns, requests and complaints
- Describe how feedback and complaints flow into a continuous improvement culture.
CPD Value: 0.42