Dementia 2: Communication and Social Interaction
Refresh your, or your team’s, knowledge of the functions of the brain and how the nervous system functions about cognitive action and what disease processes cause varying forms of Dementia.
Understand the various types of Dementia, particularly those most common within the community and Aged Care facilities
Gain greater insight into the domains of cognition that constitute Dementia. Understand the stages of Dementia and how they present in the general public.
- Understand the impacts of Dementia on family carers
- Recognise common problems for family carers
- Be able to provide basic advice and recommend common solutions
- Understand the difference between family carers and formal carers
- Recognise common problems for formal carers
- Be able to provide basic advice and recommend simple solutions
Course Code: DEM2DC
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 1 & 5