Diabetes and Older People
This module is designed for aged care workers in residential or community settings who support older people with diabetes. It outlines the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, explores management strategies including diet and exercise, and covers the procedures for checking blood glucose levels.Learning Objectives:
- Explain the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes and their causes.
- Identify strategies to help support a person with diabetes, including diet and exercise.
- Follow procedures to undertake blood glucose testing.
- Explain when to report problems.
- Outline the different symptoms and responses to hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
Course Code: CLIDO
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 3