Diabetes is the epidemic of the 21st century and one of the biggest challenges confronting Australia’s health system. This course is for all Registered Nurses Division 1 and 2 as well as Care workers working within Residential Aged Care Facilities and Community Nursing services.The course is designed to refresh all workers on the causes of Diabetes, the different types and presentation of the disease. It also covers the various forms of Diabetes should be managed.
The course also explores the required liaisons between Allied Health and the role of care staff in the management of diabetes.Learning Objectives:
Demonstration of understanding of:
- The cause of diabetes
- The different types of diabetes
- Statistics relating to diabetes in Australia
- How diabetes is managed?
- The importance of skin and foot care in diabetes management
- The difference between IDDM and NIDDM
- The link between diabetes management and ACFI
- The link between diabetes management and aged care standards
- Your role as care staff in diabetes management
- The role of Allied Health Staff in diabetes management
- Your role as Care Staff in diabetes management
Course Code: CLIDM
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 3 & 8