Emergency Preparedness for Non-Residential Office Buildings: Respond RED and ORANGE
It is expected that all staff completing this course will complete competency-based training in the use of their site-specific emergency management plan and the expected roles. As a mandatory course element, an annual competency rate of 100% is expected.
This competency assessment will be undertaken by yourself without the aid of others or cheat sheets in accordance with APRHA Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses.
- Overview to the need for a site Emergency Management Plan and Emergency Management Team across the company
- To understand the elements of Evacuation procedures and how they can affect the organisation's wellbeing
- To know your role in the event of an evacuation of your area
- To understand the importance of debriefing post-event
- Gain a greater knowledge on the elements of fire, heat and smoke
- Recognise the fire prevention strategies in your building(s)
- Know your role as a in the event of a fire emergency in your area of work
- Respond correctly to fire alarm or discovery of fire / smoke
- Have a greater understanding of how to use fire and emergency equipment and who should use it
- Know your role as in the event of an evacuation of your area
- Understand the importance of debriefing post event
Course Code: MANOB
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 8