Responding to Fire Emergencies in Office Environments
It is expected that all staff completing this course will complete competency-based training in the use of their site-specific emergency management plan and the expected roles. As a mandatory course element, an annual competency rate of 100% is expected.
This competency assessment will be undertaken by yourself without the aid of others or cheat sheets in accordance with APRHA Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses.
- Understand the purpose and components of an emergency management plan
- Understand the characteristics of fire, heat, and smoke
- Know how to respond to a fire emergency within your role
- Use fire and emergency equipment safely
- Understand evacuation procedures
Course Code: MANOB
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 8