Infection Control (DS)
Providing personal support and day to day care for a person with a disability includes protecting their health.
Preventing the spread of infection is of paramount importance to keep the participant and yourself safe.
- Understand the importance of infection control
- Identify infection hazards in disability support work
- Recognise the significance of hand hygiene and practice it
- Identify and take appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of infection
- Apply additional precautions in exceptional scenarios
- Take appropriate actions to manage incidents of exposure to infection