Meeting Infection Control Requirements for Aged and Community Care
This module has been designed to provide staff whose scope of practice is within Aged Care, Community Care, and Respite Centers. It pertains to the fundamentals of infection control and the basic required learning by all staff in relation to this subject within their role at work.
This competency assessment will be undertaken by yourself without the aid of others or cheat sheets in accordance with AHPRA Professional code of conduct for Nurses.
- Identify the responsibilities of your own work role in relation to infection control
- Understand the importance of infection control in Aged Care environments
- Differentiate between and use standard and additional precautions
- Follow instructions and legal requirements during an infectious outbreak in a facility
- Outline the main requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards in relation to infection control
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 3
CPD Value: 0.33