Infection Control : Home Care
For Community and Homecare environments, this course pertains to the fundamentals of Infection Control for workers. This competency assessment will be undertaken by yourself without the aid of others or cheat sheets as required by the APRHA Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses. It is expected that you will achieve 100% in this course to perform your role safely and capably within your organisation.
- Understand the legislative requirement for infection control, including employer and employee responsibilities
- Recognise your duties and responsibilities as an employer or employee
- Meet the required Standards and Guidelines for Residential Aged Care Services- Understand the definition of Infection Control
- Apply risk management techniques to Infection Control- Improve understanding of common infectious agents, sources, transmission methods, and susceptibility
- Define and apply "standard precautions"
Course Code: COMIC
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 3&8