This module is designed to support all levels of staff to understand the requirements of open disclosure in Standard 6 and 8 of the Aged Care Quality Standards. The module provides practical examples of how and when the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission expects services to use open disclosure. A positive complaints culture must be encouraged in your workplace. The module will illustrate the benefits of owning up to and reporting mistakes, and show managers and workers how to respond best to complaints, problems and errors.
- Define the meaning of open disclosure and how it relates to the Standards
- Describe how to use open disclosure in real situations in the workplace
- Explain how to encourage and support a culture of positive feedback and to own up to mistakes
- Identify key communication strategies for open disclosure
- Describe when to provide emotional support to residents or clients and their families during the open disclosure process.
CPD Value: 0.42