Positive Behaviour Support (DS)
Expression may come in the form of a behaviour rather than a clear verbal or visual message. These behaviours may be easily recognised and managed but, at times, interpreting the message behind the behaviour may be challenging.
This course gives a general overview of the concepts around positive behaviour support and how support workers can equip themselves with tools to achieve successful outcomes.
- Understand behaviour as a form of communication
- Identify behaviours of concern
- Identify and categorise triggers of potentially harmful behaviours
- Comprehend and follow a Behaviour Support Plan (BSP)
- Apply strategies to provide positive support