Professional Boundaries (DS)
Welcome to the course Professional Boundaries.
The course provides practical information about the need for professional boundaries in disability services where vulnerable groups are supported, and where the support role it is often not directly supervised.
You will learn about ethical and professional responsibilities in relation to personal boundaries, conflicts of interest, client confidentiality and other rights, and working inside your job description.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define examples of professional boundaries in the support worker role
- Explain the reasons why professional boundaries are in place, and who they benefit
- Describe common examples of professional and personal boundaries
- Understand the role of the support worker in providing client choice without judgement or control
- Outline appropriate actions when faced with a conflict of interest
CPD Value: 0.67
This course offers a fundamental introduction to the theory. It is advised that the learner complement this with a practical demonstration.