Promoting Oral Health, Nutrition and Hydration
An essential element of personal care support for many participants includes assistance with nutrition and hydration, and maintaining optimal oral health.
The everyday tasks are important for overall health and wellbeing. Good oral care is just as important as bathing and other personal care needs.
If a person becomes malnourished and dehydrated, for any reason, complications can arise quickly.
- Understand the significance of oral health and identify common oral health conditions
- Determine the effects of poor nutrition, hydration and oral health
- Assist participants with care of teeth, gums and mouth
- Support participants to maximise appetite and enjoy food and fluids
- Adopt strategies to manage resistance to care