The course will enable care providers to understand the concept and use of restraints within Aged Care and understand contemporary legislation to meet the health needs of individuals. The course will enable learners to understand how to deliver quality health care to consumers in line with the new Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC) Standards.
- Define “Restrictive Practices (restraint)” within Aged Care
- Identify various types of restraint/s
- Explore legislation for the use of restraint/s within Aged Care
- Review the Aged Care Quality Standards outline the use of restraints
- Describe when and how a restraint may be used
- Understand what alternatives to restraint are available.
Course Code: CLIRE
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 1, 2 , 6 & 8