Safe and Effective use of Heat Packs
A lack of understanding of the supporting documentation around heat pack use can lead to a loss of funding.
Do you and your team:
- Know why superficial heat treatment is used?
- Understand what presentations are clinically indicated for superficial heat treatment?
- Understand what presentations are contraindicated for superficial heat treatment?
- Understand what presentations may be considered precautions for superficial heat treatment?
- Know how resident suitability – sensation is assessed & recorded?
- Help ensure that residents get the care they need, it’s documented correctly, and that this funding is maintained at validation
- Help you reduce risk by ensuring appropriate identification of who exactly is suitable for receiving heat treatment and should be determining this
- Reduce risk by standardising heat preparation and application
- Help ensure that the residents get the most benefit from the heat treatment
- reduce risk and improve outcomes in your organisation
Course Code: ACFHP