Supporting a Person with a Mental Health Condition (DS)
According to the latest Australian Bureau of Statistics 2019 findings, 32% of adults with disabilities experience high or very high psychological distress compared with 8% of adults without disabilities.
Therefore, it is highly likely that as a support worker, you will be required to support someone who has a mental health condition in addition to their primary disability.
- Understand what is mental health
- Identify common mental health disorders and recognise their symptoms
- Evaluate the impact of disability on mental health
- Identify common treatments and medications
- Provide holistic support to the participant
- Recognise other Support Services supporting mental wellbeing
CPD Value: 0.67
This course offers a fundamental introduction to the theory. It is advised that the learner complement this with a practical demonstration.