Supporting a Person with Dysphagia (DS)
Many conditions can contribute to swallowing difficulties, known as dysphagia.
This course aims to assist support workers to recognise dysphagia and provide safe support to participants.
- Understand dysphagia and its causes
- Identify signs and symptoms of dysphagia
- Understand the impacts of dysphagia
- Recognise the significance of assessment and role of a speech pathologist
- Manage dysphagia and provide support to the participant
CPD Value: 0.32
This course offers a fundamental introduction to the theory. It is advised that the learner complement this with a practical demonstration.