Supporting Skills Development (DS)
This course gives an overview of the importance of developing skills for a person with a disability.
The information equips support workers with tools to identify skill development goals for people with disabilities, and most importantly provide support in order for those goals to be achieved.
- Explain the importance of skills development
- Practice strengths-based approach in skills development
- Develop and document learning goals
- Practice methods and aids to facilitate learning
- Implement person-centred strategies to support learning
- Assess and review learning goals
CPD Value: 0.60
This course offers a fundamental introduction to the theory. It is advised that the learner complement this with a practical demonstration.