Understanding, Identifying & Managing Sensory Loss
Learn new knowledge, or refresh your current knowledge, around what forms sensory loss, how it affects those receiving care and services, and how they may improve/manage the planning of care around such deficits to support wellbeing and quality of life.
This course is also appropriate for persons other than Nurses and Care Workers, working within Aged Care facilities/ services.
- Define sensory loss in the context of a consumer of care/services
- Explore the common causes of the 5 sensory loss conditions in the older person
- Differentiate the difference between congenital and acquired sensory loss
- Recognise the early signs and symptoms of visual and hearing sensory loss
- Clarify the specific precautions when caring for a person with sensory loss
- Discuss strategies for the management of sensory loss in the older consumer
Course Code: CLISL
Standards Incorporated in this Course: 1,2 & 3